I am Survival and bushcraft instructor.




Eccentricity

"You're nuts."
"You're eccentric."
"You have mental problems."
I hear this often, but they just don't understand.


I'm an adventure photographer that likes to push the limits, do 'crazy' things, and try & learn from it all.
Hiking far, fast, and ultralight in remote areas, packrafting rivers and creeks, sleeping outside in all conditions, climbing waterfall ice and frozen gullies, and learning about gear and techniques are where my interests lie.
Let's go big, let's go far, let's go fast, but keep it simple and don't bring too much stuff.

At the same time, I like to play it as safe as possible.
However, speed is your friend in the danger zone, so speed is safety and safety is what gets you back home again.
Risk = Probability x Exposure, whereas Probability is an inverse measure of experience and skill, Exposure is in regards to position or conditions and amount of time exposed to them.



'My life is better than your vacation'


Do not live for the weekend.
Do not live for your retirement.
Live for everyday, every moment.

Find something you love to do and do it everyday and for the rest of your life, because 
you do not get old until you stop doing what you love to do.




The closer you come to dying, the more alive you feel, because 
without risk, there is no adventure.
Set the line. Then push it. Learn, get better, & grow.




Live simply. Adapt. Learn. Move on. Have fun. Survive.
Then repeat, because life is not about finding yourself; 
life is about creating yourself.




I've always liked the time before dawn because there is no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am.




I live my life as to not regret a single moment, because I never want to say, 
"I wish I would have..."




The last check you write should be for your own funeral 
and it should bounce.




Stay sane. Sleep outside.
Oh yeah, and remember to pay it forward.



Contact: bushmanswildhiking@gmail.com